Today I am going to be sharing with you one of my favourite dishes! It may not be the lowest of calorie foods, however as you are making it yourself, you can see exactly what is going into it. This is super easy and is a one pot dish (so less cleaning up yay)! The chorizo makes the dish taste so delicious and makes you feel like you are in Spain sitting by the beach. If you want to make this more calorie friendly, you could reduce the amount of rice used (and water) as this is a large portion of the calories. Or you could experiment with using cauliflower rice instead (using no stock & water at all).
This recipe serves 2:
- 100g Chorizo
- 2 Chicken Breast (approximately 300g)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 Red Pepper
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Chicken Stock Cube
- 150g Basmati Rice
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- Cut the chorizo and chicken into bite size pieces.
- Heat a large pan (with a lid) on a medium to low eat with the olive oil.
- Once it is hot, add the chorizo for a minute before adding the chicken for a further minute.
- Meanwhile, deseed and cut the pepper into think strips. Then add to the pan and cook for around 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the cloves of garlic and put into the garlic press and dissolve the stock cube in 350ml of boiled water.
- Once the chorizo, chicken and pepper are ready, add the rice, minced garlic and smoked paprika to the pan and stir so that the rice is covered in the oil and spice. Then add the stock and bring to the boil over a high heat before reducing to a very low heat, covering the pan with a lid for 10-15 minutes (until the water has been absorbed).
Nutritional Information (Approximate)
Calories 686 // Protein 54 g // Carbohydrates 66 g // Fat 22 g // Fiber 3 g // Sugar 4 g
Let me know if you try this dish! Also what is your favourite food to eat?